Virginia Beach Community Development Corporation offices will be closed beginning Wednesday, November 23rd 2022, at 2:00pm to observe the Holiday and will re-open Monday, November 28th 2022.
VBCDC wants you to know that your health is of the utmost importance to us.
VBCDC remains committed to assisting you with your housing needs. VBCDC will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19 as well as business operating requirements, and update you accordingly to ensure our communities are kept clean and safe for our neighbors, vendors, staff, and families.
Please contact our team at the numbers below during normal business hours to schedule an appointment at our offices. We hope to hear from you soon!
• For General Office Information or a Dial by Name Directory, please call 757-463-9516
• For Leasing Inquiries, please call 757-500-2762
• For Property Management, please call 757-500-2742
• For Veterans Services, please call 757-500-2754
• For Maintenance Needs, please call 757-500-2753
• For Food Pantry Assistance, please call 757-500-2759
• Documents and payments can be put in the drop box located to the right of the front door.
The internet was invented in 1958. The War on Poverty started in 1964. We sent a man to the moon in 1969. Why have we not been able to end homelessness in the United States? We have passed housing equality laws, but we haven't faced up to issues of housing equity. Most government programs have a very limited and deceiving definition of who is truly homeless. Innovation and risk-taking is not a leadership competency taught or endorsed in the community development industry. Non
Behind Every Door is a series of success stories featuring our neighbors who have been served by the Virginia Beach CDC and the regional outreach of Southeastern Virginia Housing Corporation. The Virginia Beach CDC impacts the lives of 1500 neighbors each year. Samuel Pinckney is one of those neighbors. When I met Samuel, I was immediately surprised by how open he was about the cause of his homelessness. After 12 years in the Army, his life became difficult due to financial t