VBCDC wants you to know that your health is of the utmost importance to us.
VBCDC remains committed to assisting you with your housing needs. VBCDC will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19 as well as business operating requirements, and update you accordingly to ensure our communities are kept clean and safe for our neighbors, vendors, staff, and families.
Please contact our team at the numbers below during normal business hours to schedule an appointment at our offices. We hope to hear from you soon!
• For General Office Information or a Dial by Name Directory, please call 757-463-9516
• For Leasing Inquiries, please call 757-500-2737
• For Property Management, please call 757-500-2742
• For Veterans Services, please call 757-500-2754
• For Maintenance Needs, please call 757-500-2753
• For Food Pantry Assistance, please call 757-500-2759
• Documents and payments can be put in the drop box located to the right of the front door.
Thank You for Your Patience and Stay Well!
OPERATION: NOW IT's Our Turn
Second Act Communities is taking action to resolve the Veterans Homelessness. Our mission is to focus on how to solve the problem of homelessness amongst our American heroes, stabilize, and finally create the biggest solution to put them back on the track to self-sufficiency.
- As of 2017, HUD (Dept. of Housing and Urban Development) estimated that 39,741 Veterans are homeless on any given night
- 40% of the US population are Veterans
- Roughly 9% are Female
In Hampton Roads
- More than 9% of Veterans make up the population in the greater Hampton Roads area
- In 2016, 193 homeless veterans were counted on the street
Our goal for Operation: Now It's Our Turn is to:
To get Homeless vets off the streets and into stable home ownership
Solve the emergency of chronic homelessness
Stabilize the problem
Put them back on the track to self sufficiency